Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Week of Growth: Basileia 2009



Thank you so much for everyone that prayed for the 25 students that traveled to Basileia. The students have been excited to share about their learnings from leadership development classes, small group training and how to study Scripture more deeply. Here are a few words from Ken, a sophomore at NJIT who attended the Small Group Leaders Training, and from Marilyn, incoming Large Group Coordinator at Rutgers who attended Servant Leadership Training.


"Basileia is one of the most exciting chapters in somebody s spiritual growth. You have the possibility to really experience God, to listen to Him and to have a sense of what Christianity is all about. No one goes to Basileia and regrets it. This week was something else! Everybody was happy. We lived, prayed, played, worshipped as if we were in a different world. We experienced what the Christian life is supposed to be. That's an experience will never forget. Thanks for making me a part of this wonderful community." - Ken, NJIT Sophomore


"So ever since people told me how great Basileia is, I was looking forward to it... so I arrived and I'm all excited and hyper, despite the bad weather. But since day one, the food, the worship services (the speaker was flawless, God spoke to me in every sermon), the track learning were great! The InterVarsity Staff were awesome and so encouraging. They gave us great planning ideas. I loved everything about the SL training. Our Chapter Time was so overwhelming (in a great way) especially our last one, se sintio el Espiritu Santo [we felt the Holy Spirit] as we prayed for all the Northern NJ campuses. Then let's not mention the retreat of silence and the quiet times. God is so good and He revealed Himself to us in such beautiful ways. The free times were fantastic as well. I made lots of friends and reunited with an old friend. I got closer with my Newark folks and ahh I just can't wait for Basileia again next year!! My love for IVCF definitely grew, yupp InterVarsity rocks my socks :D" - Marilyn, Junior at Rutgers-Newark



I am so thankful for your partnership (volunteering, praying and sharing resources) in the Newark, NJ schools. Together we are seeing students and faculty transformed, the Newark campuses renewed and world changers developed. Please keep the new students leaders in your prayers as summer planning and New Student Outreach begins on June 1st.

With much love,
Marie Rodriguez
Program Director
IVCF-Newark

No comments: